Friday, September 9, 2011

New Blog

I've decided to start a new blog for the following reasons:

1) my old blog was (ostensibly) about being a history grad student. I'm no longer a grad student--and it would be a stretch to call me a historian. I don't know what I am exactly, but I'm pretty sure it's a really well educated housewife.

2) I've been watching too much TV and writing too little. I'm going to try to write more, even if it is to note the minutia of my life--like my fear of Rick Perry's hair or my experiments in homemade cheese. These are the things over educated housewives think about so I'm going to share them with you.

3) it makes Steve upset when I complain too much in my mass emails, because it makes me seem unhappy all the time. I'm not unhappy all the time; I just have A LOT of time and the things I think about are often obscure, unrelated, and boring (especially insomuch as unemployment is often very, very boring). I feel like a blog is the place for these sorts of thoughts.

4) we've moved five times in the last two years. Making friends exhausts me under normal circumstances, so instead I think I'll just make a better effort to communicate with the old and the imaginary of my friends.

So that's that. Be excellent to each other--and party on dudes.

j

1 comment: